In order to become a Self Memorial Scholar for the 2021-2022 academic year, students must first meet a number of criteria at the time of scholarship application (deadline is Monday, March 29, 2021).
- Earned or will earn first bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas during the 2020-2021 academic year (includes fall, spring and summer semesters)
- Have been admitted into any master’s or doctoral degree program at the University of Kansas
- Will be enrolled as a full-time graduate student during the scholarship year (fall 2021 and spring 2022)
- Will be in their first year of graduate study when Self Memorial Scholarship funding begins (fall 2021)
- Domestic and international students are eligible
- Ability to attend approximately six mandatory, in-person Scholar Development Programs in Lawrence, Kansas during the fall 2021 and spring 2022 semesters
The following students are ineligible for the Self Memorial Scholarship:
- Students admitted as non-degree seeking graduate students
- Students solely pursuing a graduate certificate program
- Students going to school part-time
- Students who have received and accepted KU funded graduate fellowship support including, but not limited to, the Bernadette-Gray Little Graduate Fellowship, University Graduate Fellowship, Chancellor’s Doctoral Fellowship, and Self Graduate Fellowship.
- Students who are unable to attend the mandatory, in-person Scholar Development Programs