The Madison & Lila Self Memorial Scholarship application portal will be open Monday, February 19, 2024, through Monday, March 4, 2024.
It is important that students meet various deadlines in order to be considered for a Self Memorial Scholarship. The following serves as a suggested timeline for prospective Self Memorial Scholar applicants.
- Check with the chosen academic department to confirm graduate school application deadlines and required information
- Identify good sources for recommendations
- Update resume
- Submit graduate school application by KU deadlines
- Confirm with the chosen academic department that the graduate school application is complete and all supporting materials have been received
- Receive graduate admissions decision
- Gain admission to a full-time, degree-seeking graduate program at KU
- Review the Self Memorial Scholarship website for information
- Review the Self Memorial Scholar profile
- Ensure eligibility and prepare scholarship application materials
- Confirm a KU faculty or staff member to complete a Recommendation Form on your behalf by March 4, 2024
- Monday, February 19, 2024: Scholarship application portal opens online
- Confirm with your selected KU faculty or staff member completion of Recommendation Form
- Monday, March 4, 2024 at noon: Application deadline
- Mid-March: Committee reviews scholarship applications
- Committee makes final scholarship offer decisions
- Students are notified by email of the committee's decision
- If awarded, students must formally accept or decline the scholarship by the April 15 deadline.